Categorized as one of the most vital organs of the human body, the liver has responsibilities that are way beyond what is described under general medical columns. It is also considered as the largest organ in the human body, which, if fails or deteriorates can be fatal and can claim lives. In other words, the liver acts as a toxin removal centre in the human body. The harmful toxins are eliminated by the liver cells to keep the body safe. It also aids in digestion and other immune functions. Overall, the liver has a wide range of functions in the human body.
Ever wondered, how to cleanse the liver itself so that it can perform to its best ability? Yes! Often the liver gets contaminated with a lot of toxins and itneeds cleaning and maintenance.
Below listed are the Top 6 Liver Cleansing super foods that can help cleanse your liver and keep it young forever.
- Garlic: A common member of the kitchen, garlic helps keep the liver stay toxin free and healthy always. The compounds allicin and selenium protect the liver from excessive toxic damage. Simply integrate this ingredient in your daily diet, and keep your liver healthy and ticking.
- Green Tea: Green teas is hands down the best natural remedy that helps detoxify the body naturally. This function aids in normal liver functioning and thereby increasing the life span of the liver.
- Beetroot: Containing the highest amount of plant flavonoids and beta carotene, beetroot uplifts overall liver functioning. This bloody red pigmented vegetable should be an integral part of your diet.
- Lemons: Lemon is yet another super food that helps in liver detoxification. This power packed fruit is replete with Vitamin C that aids in activating various detoxifying enzymes in the liver to flush out harmful toxins from the body.
- Turmeric: A popular ingredient that goes into various finger licking dishes, turmeric is a no less than a miracle food for the liver. Curcumin present in turmeric activates the primary detoxifying enzyme- glutathione S-transferase. This enzyme helps regenerate damaged liver cells during a detox war.
- Broccoli: One of the most nutritious vegetables man has ever known, broccoli is rich in glucosinolatesthat is said to flush out harmful carcinogens from the body and helps the liver detoxify the toxins efficiently.
Unhealthy diet, stress and bad habits such as drinking and smoking are the main causes for liver damage. Take good care of your liver, and it will take good care of you too!